Weekend Gedankenexperiment - The Kill Switch

andrew.wallace andrew.wallace at rocketmail.com
Tue Feb 8 06:35:57 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 4:11 AM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Feb 2011 17:49:36 EST, Josh Smith said:
>
>> even if it was I suspect any service available via satellite might
>> suffer from similar problems if the methods used to disrupt
>> connectivity in Egypt were employed here.
>
> The real question isn't "If they shut you down, can you restart?".
>
> The real question is "If they shut you down, can you restart in a way that
> avoids them attempting a second shutdown with a bullet?"

May I suggest -

A bunker built for Scottish Office staff in the event of a nuclear attack is up for sale.
The complex at Cultybraggan Camp near Comrie, Perthshire, was completed in 1990 and is believed to be one of the most advanced
structures of its kind.
It was built to house 150 people and protect them from nuclear, biological and electromagnetic attacks.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-12311164

Andrew