US Warships jamming Lebanon Internet

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 23:42:42 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Ryan Wilkins <ryan at deadfrog.net> wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2011, at 4:06 PM, Michael Painter wrote:
>>
>> Hi Denys
>> I doubt it's intentional jamming since I've had the same problem.
>> Aegis radar is very high power in full radiate mode and as such creates problems for Low Noise Amplifiers listening at 3.4-4.2 GHz.
>> Someone needs to talk to Microwave Filter Company.
>> http://www.microwavefilter.com/c-band_radar_elimination.htm
>>
>> --Michael
>
> +1 for Microwave Filter.  They've helped me out in a couples jams before.  They're very responsive and the products are good, too.

I think people in San Diego and near Norfolk, VA have the same problems.

The C-band frequencies are 2x those of the S-band (4-8 GHz for C, 2-4
GHz for S); if the SPY-1 / SPY-1D radar is frequency hopping it may
well step on someone's C-band links at twice the radar's basic
frequency.  Just need a filter to remove actual S-band frequencies
from C-band feeds.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com