Weekend Gedankenexperiment - The Kill Switch

Josh Smith juicewvu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 22:49:36 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Ryan Wilkins <ryan at deadfrog.net> wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2011, at 3:53 PM, Josh Smith wrote:
>
>> I agree that setting up "local" connectivity between the folks in my
>> neighborhood wouldn't be too much of a challenge.  Getting anything
>> much beyond that up and running would be a stretch.
>
> Yeah, but the more people communicating the better.  I don't know what all my neighbors are capable of doing.  Some of them may be capable of helping the cause in ways that I hadn't considered.
>
> Regards,
> Ryan Wilkins

Ryan,
I agree the more people communicating the better.  I was just
commenting on what my own, and suspect many others on the list's
capabilities are.  While I would love to have access to a satellite
type of data service as a backup link its simply not in my budget and
even if it was I suspect any service available via satellite might
suffer from similar problems if the methods used to disrupt
connectivity in Egypt were employed here.

Thanks,
--
Josh Smith
KD8HRX