US Warships jamming Lebanon Internet

Michael Painter tvhawaii at shaka.com
Mon Feb 7 22:06:04 UTC 2011

Denys Fedoryshchenko wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm sysadmin of Lebanese ISP.
> Almost at same time i got heavy interference on few of my C-Band carriers, and
> it looks like electronic warfare jamming, because i can see phase modulated,
> very weak signal, but it is completely breaking almost any communications on
> my carriers.
>
> Strange thing, that our uplink station confirm that interference is not local
> on my side, but on satellite carrier. If this will be confirmed, that means it
> is not just miscommunication between authorities about frequency usage, it
> will be intentional damage for Lebanese communications.
>
> Sure it can be coincidence in time or something else, but last 6 years i
> experience similar terrible interference only during 2006 Lebanon vs Israel
> war.

Hi Denys
I doubt it's intentional jamming since I've had the same problem.
Aegis radar is very high power in full radiate mode and as such creates problems for Low Noise Amplifiers listening at
3.4-4.2 GHz.
Someone needs to talk to Microwave Filter Company.
http://www.microwavefilter.com/c-band_radar_elimination.htm

--Michael