quietly....

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Sun Feb 6 22:59:48 UTC 2011

On 2/6/2011 4:44 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:

> PS3 will only be a problem if it doesn't work through double NAT
> or there is no IPv4 path available.  Homes will be dual stacked for
> the next 10 years or so even if the upstream is IPv6 only.  DS-Lite
> or similar will provide a IPv4 path.  The DS-Lite service can be
> supplied by anyone anywhere on the IPv6 Internet that has public
> IPv4 addresses.

I could be wrong, but I believe the PS3, like many game systems, has
trouble with double NAT and supports end node game hosting, which will
break with double NAT on both ends; we'll see double NAT commonly on
both end points as we move forward if IPv4 is bothered to be supported
for long, especially if ds-lite doesn't become more prevalent in CPEs.

Jack