Weekend Gedankenexperiment - The Kill Switch

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Fri Feb 4 22:08:52 UTC 2011

 the protocols ability to "route around" failures is an attribute of packet
based protocols.  it has little to do with legal compliance of an order to
cease and desist forwarding packets.  end of the day, i guess it boils
down to the question of -civil disobedience-

 if the law is unjust, do you comply because it is the law, or do you protest,
at the risk of punishment/death?  hardly a wire-protocol question - no?

--bill