ipv4's last graph

Mark Smith nanog at 85d5b20a518b8f6864949bd940457dc124746ddc.nosense.org
Fri Feb 4 14:32:06 UTC 2011

On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 06:25:18 +0900
Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

> > http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4/rir.jpg
> >
> > This is a different graph - it is a probabilistic graph that shows the
> > predicted month when the RIR will be down to its last /8 policy
> > (whatever that policy may be), and the relative probability that the
> > event will occur in that particular month.
>
> brilliant!  and damned useful!
>
> there's a reason you get the big bucks.  thanks.  really appreciated.

(I'm plonked by Randy, so I doubt he will get this. I don't necessarily
care too much about that.)

I doubt Geoff is getting the "big bucks" that he could get at a few
other places in the region. He used to work for the incumbent telco
in .au, and based on what the last CEO was paid, he'd probably have
been on a very good wicket these days if he'd chosen to stay there. He
didn't.

(Randy, if you see this, you do add a lot of value to the community.
However, I think your knee-jerk, childish and schoolyard reactions would
also loose you a lot of the respect that you've earned from the work
that you've done. Please just accept that not everybody will always
agree with your opinions, despite how informed and experienced they
are.)