My upstream ISP does not support IPv6

Randy Carpenter rcarpen at network1.net
Fri Feb 4 03:54:03 UTC 2011

IPv6 from both of my upstream providers has been "coming soon" for about a year and a half.

One is a very major national provider, one is a regional which is connected to numerous national carriers.

The major national provider is supposed to be swapping out equipment any day now in order to support IPv6. The regional is claiming that their upstreams do not have IPv6 support yet. Their upstream providers certainly do have IPv6, but I do not know if they are not offering it to their downstream ISP customers.

I don't know, but as a company that manages the internet operations for numerous ISPs, and needs to have full monitoring capability for said customers, it is frustrating not to have native IPv6.

-Randy