My upstream ISP does not support IPv6

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Feb 4 03:16:23 UTC 2011

On Feb 3, 2011, at 10:04 PM, Franck Martin wrote:

> The biggest complaint that I hear from ISPs, is that their upstream ISP does not support IPv6 or will not provide them with a native IPv6 circuit.
>
> Is that bull?
>
> I thought the whole backbone is IPv6 now, and it is only the residential ISPs that are still figuring it out because CPE are still not there yet.
>
> Where can I get more information? Any list of peering ISPs that have IPv6 as part of their products?
>
> It seems to me the typical answer sales people say when asked about IPv6: "Gosh, this is the first time I'm asked this one".

There is a wikipedia article on this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_IPv6_support_by_major_transit_providers

It's not very marketing nor deep in details.  There are also a variety of other sites as well with various lists that are more focused on the edge networks such as:

http://www.sixxs.net/faq/connectivity/?faq=native

I'm not aware of a fully comprehensive list, but it may be worthwhile to ask over on the ipv6-ops list with further details about where you are located or looking at desiring service: