quietly....

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Fri Feb 4 02:00:43 UTC 2011

On 2/3/2011 7:50 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
> This was blindling obvious to me years ago and should have been to
> any CPE developer.

It doesn't appear to be blindingly simple for the cpe-router-bis draft,
which leaves it as TBD, or the cpe-router draft which also is silent.
General consensus I got from v6ops was that IAIDs won't be utilized by
CPE routers, which means they don't expect your requesting upstream logic.

In fact, they didn't seem to like any of my ideas on versatility for
handling this job, which means we'll likely have interoperability
problems between CPE manufacturers.

Jack