And so it ends...

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Feb 3 23:09:10 UTC 2011

On Feb 3, 2011, at 5:34 PM, Robert Bonomi wrote:

> Abssolutely *NOT*.  their unique status derives from the actions of a
> contractor "faithfully executing" it's duties on the behalf of the U.S.
> Gov't.  'Antitrust' does not apply to the Gov't, nor to those acting
> on its behalf, nor to anyone operating a government-sanctioned monopoly.

Robert -

  To be clear, ARIN was formed by the Internet operator community to
  perform these Internet Registry functions.  While the USG acknowledged
  its formation and facilitated the transition of the performance of
  these functions to ARIN, ARIN is not performing these duties under
  USG contract.  I have no view on the question to which you replied,
  but want to be certain everyone has clear facts for the discussion.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO