quietly....

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Thu Feb 3 22:28:09 UTC 2011

> Seems there's a lot of engineers out there that only want to make sure
> last year's protocols work, and are willing to totally ignore next year's.

It really is a different universe for  University/ISP versus corporate networks. Neither is wrong or right, but both have different needs. My complaint is that my sense is that Ipv6 was designed and favors the ISP environment rather than corporate networks.

A corporate network really does want to ignore next year's new hot protocol unless it makes business sense to support it. There may be regulatory reasons to block it (we are required to archive all email and instant messages) or management may decide it's a waste of time to support or management may feel it's a waste of people's work time to use. Obviously as a end-user with residential FTTH, I want something completely different from my ISP.