And so it ends...

Jeffrey Lyon jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net
Thu Feb 3 20:28:40 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> [...]

I think what John Curran is trying to say is that ARIN does not have
the authority to reclaim any space, as it merely provides a
registration service for the benefit of operators who recognize ARIN's
database as legitimate. Similarly, no one is required to recognize the
"rights" of legacy block holders which opens the doors for the
operator community to declare those blocks as bogons until the legacy
holders decide to play nice and release the space to an RIR.

In short, no one can take their space by force but we as a community
can stop recognizing them as legitimate owners.

My highly controversial two cents,
--
Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net | http://www.blacklotus.net