quietly....

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Thu Feb 3 19:39:15 UTC 2011

Trust me, I'm very familiar with FTP and firewalls. The problem is not just with NAT, but exists with SPI. Both are solved problems that work with NAT. Something like ftp over SSH works well without fixup or NAT issues and is becoming more standard at least in the financial services community.

IPSEC to a NAT/SPI firewall works fine, through it has issues. But then again, rarely do you want that in a corporate network anyway.