quietly....

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Wed Feb 2 21:37:01 UTC 2011

In article <EFC767DA-2CBB-4094-B8D2-553E9EAA2990 at sackheads.org>, John
Payne <john at sackheads.org> writes

>NAT provides a solution to, lets call it, enterprise multihoming.
>Remote office with a local Internet connection, but failover through
>the corporate network.

And for home (/homeworker) networks ... eg I have a NAT box with a
default connection to my ADSL provider and an automatic failover to 3G
(completely separate supplier).

Almost everything inside my network doesn't notice when it switches
over.

Now, if only I could get it to automatically revert to ADSL when it
reappears - I wouldn't have to worry so much about the 3G bill.

--
Roland Perry
Nottingham, UK