ipv4's last graph

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Wed Feb 2 17:22:13 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Tony Hain <alh-ietf at tndh.net> wrote:
> So in the interest of 'second opinions never hurt', and I just can't get my
> head around "APnic sitting at 3 /8's, burning 2.3 /8's in the last 2 months
> and the idea of a 50% probability that their exhaustion event occurs Aug.
> 2011", here are a couple other graphs to consider.
> http://www.tndh.net/~tony/ietf/IPv4-rir-pools.pdf
> http://www.tndh.net/~tony/ietf/IPv4-rir-pools-zoom.pdf
>
> Tony

Two things:

1) you'll get better uptake of your graph if it's visible as a simple
     image, rather than requiring a PDF download.  :/
2) labelling the Y axis would help; I'm not sure what the scale
of 1-8 represents, unless it's perhaps the number of slices of
pizza consumed per staff member per address allocation request?

But I do agree with what seems to be your driving message, which
is that Geoff could potentially be considered "optimistic".  ^_^;

Matt