quietly....

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Feb 2 12:25:33 UTC 2011

On 02/02/2011 08:16, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
> Contrary to popular belief, the IETF listens to operators and wants them
> to participate. Few do. For instance, I don't seem to remember your name
> from any IETF mailinglists. (I could be mistaken, though.)

Regardless of the stated opinion of the IETF and its participants, there is
a culture in the IETF of resistance to operational opinion.  The DHCPv6 vs
RA debacle is a direct consequence of this and a good example of both the
problem and the serious consequences which ensue when one side doesn't listen.

Nick