Connectivity status for Egypt

Jim Cowie cowie at renesys.com
Wed Feb 2 11:23:39 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 6:17 AM, Teo Ruiz <teoruiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 21:30, Marshall Eubanks <tme at americafree.tv> wrote:
> > On Jan 31, 2011, at 5:14 PM, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
> >
> >> As an update, BGP for Noor.net has been withdrawn. Even the Egyptian
> stock exchange - egyptse.com - now appears to be off the Internet.
> >
> > I have been told that the Egyptian Prime Minister has publicly announced
> that the Internet would be restored soon, but at present neither my
>
> Looks like it's coming back: http://stat.ripe.net/egypt
>
> ~2500 prefixes being announced now.
> --
> teo - http://www.teoruiz.com
>
> "Res publica non dominetur"

Yes, confirmed from 09:29 UTC.   Basically all major providers are back,
full status quo ante (modulo reagg), major sites are up.

http://www.renesys.com/blog/2011/02/egypt-returns-to-the-internet.shtml

Good thoughts go out to the guys in the EG NOCs this morning.    Nanog wants
to hear your war stories some day over a cup of tea.

--jim