quietly....

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Feb 2 04:17:18 UTC 2011

On Feb 1, 2011, at 10:46 PM, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 03:09:50 GMT, John Curran said:
>> We had a small ramp up in December (about 25% increase) but that is within
>> reasonable variation. Today was a little different, though, with 4 times
>> the normal request rate... that would be a "rush".
>
> Any trending on the rate of requests for IPv6 prefixes?

A quick review shows no significant change in IPv6 request rate January through
today, although I would point out that the second of half of 2010 had a fairly
significant ramp up in IPv6 requests (both assignments and allocations).  You
can view all the 2010 charts are online here:
    https://www.arin.net/knowledge/statistics/index.html.

FYI,
/John

John Curran