A top-down RPKI model a threat to human freedom? (was Re: Level 3's IRR Database)

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 22:40:29 UTC 2011

> There is not a single RIR that is not physically located in a country.

> You can hope they are more stable from a policy point of view, but, the
> reality is that if someone shows up at the front door with tanks and
> mortars, my money is not on the RIR.

But they might choose a country in that region that is less likely to
mess with the RIR. For instance, ARIN would probably be a lot safer in
Canada than in the US... RIPE could relocate to Swiss or Sweden
(although I think Holland is not that much of a risk), for instance.
LACNIC in Uruguay seems a good choice to me, the same with AfriNIC in
Mauritius.

Rubens