Using IPv6 with prefixes shorter than a /64 on a LAN

Tim Franklin tim at pelican.org
Tue Feb 1 15:23:24 UTC 2011

> I think ULA is still useful for home networks. If the home router guys
> properly generate the ULA dynamically, it should stop conflicts within
> home networking. There's something to be said for internal services
> which ULA can be useful for, even when you do fall off the net.

I really, *really* expect my CPE router *not* to remove global addresses from the LAN interface(s) when the link to the Internet goes down.  My internal services should go on working with their global addresses.  This is how my tunneled IPv6 works today.

Am I being an unreasonable engineer in this respect?

Regards,
Tim.