quietly....

Marshall Eubanks tme at americafree.tv
Tue Feb 1 15:13:34 UTC 2011

On Feb 1, 2011, at 7:01 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2011, at 3:53 AM, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:

>>> IPv4 is very dead in the sense that it's not going to go anywhere in the future.
>>>
>>> The rest is just procrastination.
>>

>> 	taking the long view - your statement applies equally to IPv6.
>>
>> 	of course YMMV
>>
>> --bill
>
> I disagree. I think there is little, if any, innovation that will continue to be put
> into IPv4 hence forth. I think there will be much innovation in IPv6 in the
> coming years.

I think that this is what will finally drive true v6 adaptation (as opposed to having it as some sort of super NAT).

As v6 innovation continues, v4 will be seen as something obsolete that needs constant work (and v4 innovation will be more and more about
patching it to work and keep up with v6).

Regards
Marshall