Well Lookie Here, Barracuda Networks tries to get me to fall into their trap again...

John Palmer (NANOG Acct) nanog2 at adns.net
Fri Dec 23 22:57:02 UTC 2011

Actually, the unit still works as an e-mail filter. You can still access the Barracuda "reputation" list with it
and it does SPF and Baysian filtering still.  It also lets you configure black lists and other RBLs as well, so
it still has utility. The thing that you don't get is updated SPAM and virus defs as well as updated software
for the machine.

Someone mentioned the fact that if the hardware is still working, then the renewal policy is reasonable since
the machine still works. May I remind that person that Barracuda charges you for the hardware AND also
the subscriptions to the spam and virus defs.

If they provided the hardware for free, then I would agree with him about the renewal policy, but its NOT free.