Well Lookie Here, Barracuda Networks tries to get me to fall into their trap again...

David Swafford david at davidswafford.com
Wed Dec 21 20:22:55 UTC 2011

In my position within the enterprise vertical,  backdating to the
expiration (not the payment date) seems to be the norm.  Cisco does
this on SmartNet, as does SolarWinds and a number of other vendors
I've worked with.  We don't typically slip on the dates intentionally,
but our procurement and legal groups have a habit of fighting over
wording on the contracts.

David.