Nexus emulation? Anyone?

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Tue Dec 20 18:31:30 UTC 2011

At 10:18 AM 12/20/2011, -Hammer- gushed:

>Doesn't "Titanium" achieve this for you? I know. It's Internal. But it
>simulates the 7k. Or am I getting it backwards?

Titanium is basically the NXOS control plane, sans data plane. It's
the "platform independent" part of the OS.

>My point is that if Cisco already simulates it Internally it's only a
>matter of time before someone ports something....

Not saying whether it's right or wrong, but maintaining, releasing, &
supporting it would require resources, which as you can imagine get
prioritized onto other things.

Tim