Microsoft JMRP (Mail) Admin Needed

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 07:09:29 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com> wrote:
> <rant>I'm not sure why it's necessary to have all these individual
> "feedback loop" processes anyway. Why can't everyone just send spam
> reports to the Abuse handles on the relevant WHOIS record?</rant>

Feedback loops are sent in machine parseable formats like ARF (RFC
5965) to separate, dedicated mailboxes that are read by scripts which
then process the reports to automate whatever action needs to be taken
for AUP enforcement, filtering etc.  Every single report spam click by
a user on hotmail, yahoo etc is fed through their feedback loops (like
JMRPP for hotmail)

abuse mailboxes are read by ISP support staff and complaints are
manually handled.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)