De-bogon not possible via arin policy.

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Thu Dec 15 21:36:32 UTC 2011

On Dec 15, 2011, at 12:41 PM, Ricky Beam wrote:
> Because it's not ARIN's job to clean up someone else's stupid.

ARIN's job (well, beyond the world travel, publishing comic books, handing out raffle prizes, etc.) is to allocate and register addresses according to community-defined documented policies. I had thought new allocations are based on demonstrated need. The fact that addresses are in use would seem to suggest they're needed. As I've said, I haven't been following ARIN's policy discussions -- can you point me to the policy that says allocations can be denied because you happened to have (demonstrably ill-advisedly) used the wrong bit patterns in setting up your network?

Thanks,
-drc