EFF call for signatures from Internet engineers against censorship

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Wed Dec 14 08:07:33 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 06:12:34PM -0800,
 Peter Eckersley <pde at eff.org> wrote
 a message of 86 lines which said:

>   To date, the leading role the US has played in this infrastructure
>   has been fairly uncontroversial [sic and re-sic] because America
>   is seen as a trustworthy arbiter and a neutral bastion of free
>   expression.

I am just a lurker on Nanog since I do not operate a network in North
America and therefore I hesitated to sign the letter but this sentence
is too much: it means you cannot sign unless you endorse this
ridiculous propaganda. It's bad to use the fight for freedom of speech
in this way :-(