Overall Netflix bandwidth usage numbers on a network?

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Mon Dec 12 21:22:38 UTC 2011

On Mon Dec 12, 2011 at 10:11:54PM +0100, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
> Akamai will peer with you anywhere and i doubt LLNW will give you trouble.

LLNW are restictive on peering.

> L3, well, they run a superb network and even more superb pricing, so why
> would they peer with anyone ;)

And as I use L3 for transit, they'd never peer with me. Not that they peer
with anyone outside the cabal anyway.

> I still think, old fashioned me, that a CDN doesnt do go without peering
> but some feel otherwise.

Quite so. I don't get why CDNs don't all peer openly. I guess most (i.e. those
which aren't Akamai) are more concerned with making money than with delivering
a good service to the end user.

Simon