Sad IPv4 story?

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Sat Dec 10 16:17:32 UTC 2011

2011/12/10 <bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com>

> On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 03:15:01AM -0500, Keegan Holley wrote:
> >

> > Sent from my iPhone

> > > and we are supposed to be surprised or feel sorry?  you're kidding,
> > > right?  they're lucky to be in a/p.  at least they can get a /22.
> > >
> > > i especially like the "the way they would like" part.  the way i would
> > > like to run my business is to go into the office every friday and scoop
> > > up the cash that fell from the sky all week.
> > >
> > > reality is such a pain in the ass.
> > >
> > > randy
> > >
> > +1 aren't we way past all of the predicted exhaustion dates.  There are
> slot of as's that have ignored this.
> > >

>         predictions are ... predictions!  guesses.  swag.   nothing
> more/less.
>
>        i will say this however.  after fifteen years, I am exhausted
> listening to
>
>        ipv6 v. ipv4  bickering.   (and after five years of running native
> ipv6-only
>
>        networks - i've re-introduced ipv4 to the mix... go figure)
>
> /bill
>
> I see your point.  The world was supposed to end dozens of times as well.
 Sorry to hear you had to reintroduce v4.  I suppose if dinosaurs were
still around we'd have to capitulate to them too.  The people who see a
T-rex and say "hey I thought they were extinct?!" would just get eaten. but
I digress. I'm not sure I'd open a new ISP at this point and expect to get
any respectable amount of IP space from the RIR right now.