Sad IPv4 story?

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Fri Dec 9 18:39:29 UTC 2011

On Dec 9, 2011, at 1:37 PM, Franck Martin wrote:

> I just had a personal email from a brand new ISP in the Asia-Pacific area desperately looking for enough IPv4 to be able to run their business the way they would like…
>
> This is just a data point.

Interesting data point.

Would be more interesting to find out "the way they would like".  For instance, is it a "bullet-proof" hoster who promises each spammer 1K IP addresses across dozens of discontiguous /24s?

Or is it a DSL provider with 10K subs, and APNIC would only give them a /22 until next year?

--
TTFN,
patrick