Juniper <-> Cisco IPv6 BGP peering

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Thu Dec 8 06:42:26 UTC 2011

On 12/7/2011 6:53 PM, Randy Carpenter wrote:
> Tried that. I agree with others that it is an NDP issue. NDP for the GUA is fine, but just not for the link local. Is there something that would block only link local by default?
>
> I should add that I have another uplink to a different provider that works perfectly. The other end is Juniper for that one.

Might check the cisco provider to see if they have something weird on
your interface filtering/config.

port mirroring ndp traffic or running ndp tracing flags might provide
you with more clues.

You also mentioned success with cisco to cisco, but you were unclear if
that was with the same cisco provider you are having problems with.

Another possibility for a workaround or additional testing is them
placing a manual neighbor entry into the cisco. I've never tried it with
a link-local, though.

Jack