Juniper <-> Cisco IPv6 BGP peering

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Thu Dec 8 03:35:43 UTC 2011

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011, Randy Carpenter wrote:

> Tried that. I agree with others that it is an NDP issue. NDP for the
> GUA is fine, but just not for the link local. Is there something that
> would block only link local by default?

Do you have any possibly-overly-strict firewall filters applied to the
interface on the Juniper box?

> I should add that I have another uplink to a different provider that
> works perfectly. The other end is Juniper for that one.

I have IPv6 BGP sessions, using v6 addresses, up and traffic moving, using
Juniper M-series on my end, and various gear on the remote end, including
some Cisco devices.  Haven't run into any funky NDP-ish issues in the 3
years it's been running.

have you opened a case with JTAC?

jms