Juniper <-> Cisco IPv6 BGP peering

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Wed Dec 7 22:42:33 UTC 2011

On 12/7/2011 4:30 PM, Randy Carpenter wrote:

> BGP is working fine, it is when they are trying to forward the packets back to me. They are seeing the Link-Local as the next-hop, which, for some reason, they cannot get to.

Your subject is misleading. It appears to be an NDP problem. Check
configs and firewall rules on both sides to make sure NDP isn't being
interrupted.

I've not seen any NDP compatibility problems between IOS 12.2SR, 12.3T,
and Junos 9.3, 9.6, 10.4. However, there are several vendor commands as
well as firewall rulesets, which could NDP itself.

Jack