Internet Edge and Defense in Depth

JAMES MCMURRY jim at miltonsecurity.com
Tue Dec 6 21:32:04 UTC 2011

I have seen at quite a few of our customers locations, starting out with a lofty goal of putting everything in a single box (UTM) and turning every single option on.

In ~ 30% of the firms who do so it works out ok (not great, but it works).  In the majority, the customer winds up turning features off one by one, and moving those to another system.

Jim