Flapping POS Interface on Frame-relay between a Juniper and Cisco

Scott Morris swm at emanon.com
Tue Dec 6 21:17:44 UTC 2011

The mismatch problem of DCE/DTE should definitely indicate that your
PVCs aren't up.  But that shouldn't result in the high quantity of CRC
errors in the interface counters.  That should just result in your LMI
enquiry count increasing with LMI response sitting at zero.

I have to say I've never tried running frame-relay on a SONET
interface.  And if you're only using a single PVC there, I'd certainly
love to know WHY you're doing that!  :)

But setting one side to DCE so that it'll respond to LMI will certainly
make the frame-relay (L2) portion of things operate properly.  But if
you have something else occurring causing the CRCs along the way, then
that's not really going to help at all!

Did anything else coincide with you changing the encapsulation?

Scott