Writable SNMP

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Tue Dec 6 19:56:38 UTC 2011

On Tue, 6 Dec 2011, Jeff Wheeler wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Keegan Holley
> <keegan.holley at sungard.com> wrote:
> > For a few years now I been wondering why more networks do not use writable
> > SNMP.  Most automation solutions actually script a login to the various

> Juniper does not support writing via SNMP.  I am glad.  Hopefully that
> is the first step toward not supporting SNMP at all.

So what are the alternatives these days then for automation or batch
operations?

clogin etc from shrubbery's rancid?

Net::Appliance::Session

... ?

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.