[fyodor at insecure.org: C|Net Download.Com is now bundling Nmap with malware!]

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Dec 6 17:40:03 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu [mailto:Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu]

> ----- Forwarded message from Fyodor <fyodor at insecure.org>

On the other hand, just being Fyodor is sufficient to get him taken seriously.
----------------------------

From: "Kain, Rebecca (.)" <bkain1 at ford.com>

Not that anyone cares but personally, I'm happy fyodor posted this and
I'm forwarding it to anyone that I think might use download.com.  I
think it's crap anyone changes anyone's code like that

I used to use download.com a lot.  I trusted them.  I told friends they
were trustworthy.  What Valdis said.  That's all it took for me to stop
using them and to tell everyone I know to stop.  Hope someone at
download.com is listening.

scott