[fyodor at insecure.org: C|Net Download.Com is now bundling Nmap with malware!]

Steven Bellovin smb at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Dec 6 01:29:51 UTC 2011

> F*ck them!  If anyone knows a great copyright attorney in the U.S.,
> please send me the details or ask them to get in touch with me.

Hmm -- did you say "copyright"?  I wonder what would happen if you sent
them a DMCA takedown notice.  To quote Salvor Hardin, "It's a poor atom
blaster that doesn't point both ways."  (And there's another Hardin
quote that seems particularly apt when talking about wielding the DMCA:
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.")