On Working Remotely

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Mon Dec 5 22:25:11 UTC 2011

On 12/5/2011 11:00 AM, David Radcliffe wrote:
> I know many people who can work as you and we all adjust to our setting.  I
> just also know people who gravitate to their distractions and need the wall to
> define work.  It's best for me even though I will work as effectively at
> midnight as in the middle of the day.
>
> I have to say I am impressed.  Working with a 4 year old and 2 month old
> around.  Wow.

Being a forced office worker, I can honestly say that I still get more
done at home at night than I do during the day at the office. I'm most
productive when I have scheduled maintenance, as I'm permitted to sleep
in, which puts me working during my comfortable time frames (I hate
getting up early).

When I was younger, I did my best work at the applebee's bar. Even had
my own brass plate on the bar. C++ and tequila worked well together.

For the record, my home schooling son does more work late at night as well.

Jack