Global BGP and Google

Andy Warner andy at andy.net
Mon Dec 5 22:19:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 2:41 AM, Victor Esposito
<victoresposito at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Has anyone had any experience with a Global  ASN, and Google inappropriately associating IP's to the wrong countries?
>
> We have our AS registered in Argentina, with ARIN space under it.  From time to time, Google thinks the IP's are in Argentina, even though they are in the US.  We have this issue elsewhere across the globe as well.
>
> I was pondering multiple ASN's, but I was not sure if there was a better method for dealing with this.
>

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Victor Esposito

Maintaining IP-Geolocation mappings in inherently hard so they're not
perfect. You'll probably need to update multiple IP Geolocation
providers, but you can provide corrections to Google using this form:

http://www.google.com/support/websearch/bin/request.py?contact_type=ip

--
Andy