Looking for a Tier 1 ISP Mentor for career advice.

Matthew Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Sat Dec 3 01:01:26 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 05:55:23PM -0600, Robert Bonomi wrote:

>  "Scott Weeks" <surfer at mauigateway.com> wrote:
> >
> > Apologies for the rapid-shot email.  It's Friday...  :-)
> >
> > bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:

> >>     actually, i've heard the real reason is corporate liability ...
> >>     that said, there is an advantage for team f2f mtgs on a periodic
> >>     basis.
> >
> > I don't follow.  Could you elaborate?  What is the liability?
>
> I don't know for certain, but I expect "work at home' employeees fall under
> the scope of the employers "Workmans Compenstation" liability covrerage,
> with regard to injuries sustained "on the job".

"There are those who say this has already happened"

http://www.news.com.au/business/telstra-forced-to-pay-costs-compensation-after-worker-dale-hargreaves-slips-while-working-at-home/story-e6frfm1i-1226081649913

Now, I'm sure the facts of the matter haven't gotten in the way of the story
there, but I'm struggling to come up with a set of circumstances which
*don't* involve an application of palm to face.

- Matt

--
You know you have a distributed system when the crash of a computer you’ve
never heard of stops you from getting any work done.