Looking for a Tier 1 ISP Mentor for career advice.

Robert Bonomi bonomi at mail.r-bonomi.com
Fri Dec 2 23:55:23 UTC 2011

 "Scott Weeks" <surfer at mauigateway.com> wrote:

> Apologies for the rapid-shot email.  It's Friday...  :-)
>
> bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 04:35:27PM -0500, David Radcliffe wrote:
>> > The reason it is not more accepted is too many people still think "If I
>> > cannot see you you must not be working."
>>
>>     actually, i've heard the real reason is corporate liability ...
>>     that said, there is an advantage for team f2f mtgs on a periodic
>>     basis.
>
> I don't follow.  Could you elaborate?  What is the liability?

I don't know for certain, but I expect "work at home' employeees fall under
the scope of the employers "Workmans Compenstation" liability covrerage,
with regard to injuries sustained "on the job".

Now, consider what happens if the employee sustains an 'on the job' injury,
due to something in the 'workplace' (done by the homeowner on his own time)
that is _NOT_ "OHSA-compliant".

At that point, as it is sometimes put in U.S. Dept. of Ag. bureaucratese:

  'A large quantity of organic waste/byproducts forcefully impacted the
   high-speed rotary impeller."