Looking for a Tier 1 ISP Mentor for career advice.

Thorsten Dahm t.dahm at resolution.de
Fri Dec 2 16:40:51 UTC 2011

Am 12/2/11 1:16 PM, schrieb Joe Greco:
>> Thorsten Dahm:
>> The downside of this is that you are not around in the office in case
>> someone wants to talk to you. I often end up with guys from our
>> operations team or other teams stopping at my desk and ask questions. Or
>> guys who want to have a quick chat about a problem and want to ask for
>> an advice or idea. Or people who want to learn Perl and have a question
>> that you can answer in 30 seconds.
>
> Which really stops being practical once you exceed (approx) one building
> in size.

I think it often depends on how you define practical. Normally, you sit
with your own team, that means it is a practical solution for the
network engineers, but perhaps not for the server admins and the network
engineers anymore, since the server admins may sit in a different
building, different city, different continent, ....

cheers,
Thorsten