IP addresses are now assets

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Dec 2 13:18:45 UTC 2011

On Dec 2, 2011, at 7:57 AM, Joly MacFie wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> I'm sorry to be thick, but can you explain  "right of visibility to the
> public portion of registrations" a little further?.
>
> Under what circumstances might ARIN deny approval?

Joly -

  Requests are processed according the transfer policies
  <https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html#eight>.  If a
  request doesn't meet the transfer policy (e.g. the sale
  is not to an actual entity that has an operational need
  for address space or it is more space than needed for the
  next twelve months), then it will be denied.

  If you think that ARIN should operate under different
  policies in the management of the IP address space in
  the region, you can submit a policy proposal to change
  the policy as desired:
  <https://www.arin.net/participate/how_to_participate.html>

Thanks!
/John