Rate Limiting and Bit Counting

Luke Marrott luke.marrott at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 16:07:43 UTC 2011

I'm looking to evaluate some solutions for Rate limiting and bit counting /
metering. I am not really interested in Filtering packets by application or
protocol, just delivering bandwidth at a defined service level based on
endpoint IP. I would also like to have the option to track how much data is
transferred per endpoint for potential metering.

I already use a smaller sandvine at another location and we are satisfied
with it but this would be a bigger project so I am looking for alternatives.

Does anyone have any experience with hardware like this they could
recommend?

Thanks,
:Luke