New Natural Disaster! 8/27/2011 Hurricane Irene

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Sun Aug 28 02:13:07 UTC 2011

> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 09:55:10PM -0400, Andrew Kirch wrote:
> > The US Airforce has sent most of the fighters from the East Coast to
> > Indiana, what are you doing to prepare for the storm of the next 2 days?
> >
> > Ready, Set, DISCUSS!
>
> 	Personally, I was very happy to hear that Equinix had laid
> in stores of MREs, and so, with luck, nobody we know there will
> have to resort to cannibalism or being cannibalized.  (Although
> they may wish they had, depending on the age and type of MRE.)

The parking lot was pretty empty.

I've now been at Equinix during a blizzard, a power failure, a tornado,
and a hurricane.

It's very hard to tell one thing from the next.  Except the power failure,
because the lights all went out.

Anyways, if the MRE's fail to satisfy, there's a hammer in my toolbox
and a vending machine in the customer silo, for anyone desperate to
avoid cannibalism.  ;-)  ;-)

... JG