Level 3 Peering Guidelines

Adam Rothschild asr at latency.net
Sat Aug 27 21:55:27 UTC 2011

What are thoughts on public disclosure limited to capacity constraints?

There is ample business reason for making the terms of specific
interconnects private.  On the other hand, knowing definitively that
{mon,du}opoly broadband provider A is running its connections to
transit provider B hot could be in the public interest, and allow
operators to make informed routing decisions.  Bringing these metrics
into the public light might also encourage operators to upgrade more
responsibly, though this could be wishful thinking on my part. :-)

(This is entirely food for thought, I've not yet formed any opinions.)

-a