VRF/MPLS on Linux

Brian Raaen nanog at rhemasound.org
Fri Aug 26 06:02:23 CDT 2011

I want to thank everyone for their input and I have gleened many useful ideas from this discussion.
Hopefully some standard like BSD sockets will be written for routing realms/vrfs, then let the fun begin.
It appears that the Java based framework our developers used can not be extended to allow direct packet/socket manupulation, so we will be looking are using different vm's to get around our issue.
Again I really enjoyed this discussion with everyone and am excited about the progress that is being made in bringing this concept dirrectly to the host.

Brian Raaen
Network Architect
braaen at zcorum.com