East Coast Earthquake 8-23-2011

PC paul4004 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 19:43:05 UTC 2011

Based on a sampling of thousands of cable modems, dsl, and cellular sites in
the DC area:

With a 10 second keepalive/30 second holdtime, I only saw, maybe, 2-3 sites
disappear per thousand based on an endpoint in Ashburn, VA.  I do see some
delay cellular side, but it looks to be solely congestion (high pings,
etc.).  However, it was minimal and was a 15 minute occurrence which
gradually peaked then dropped down to normal levels.  I'm guessing it's
usage based.

The DSL/cable had no drops that I can find.

Largely, it has had little to no effect for me.